West Africa Fellows Program
This Program is focused on empowering individuals tackling issues of poverty and injustice in West Africa.
Applications for our other regions - East Africa, India, Colombia, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Pakistan, Spain, and the UK - are opening later in the year. Visit Acumen Academy for global updates. If we do not currently have a Fellows Programme in your region, stay tuned - we are expanding Acumen’s work over the coming years!
Acumen Academy is committed to equality, equity, diversity, and inclusion - we welcome and encourage applications from all social leaders whose work impacts any of the following countries in West Africa: Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, and The Gambia. If you have any questions on the application process or have a disability or health condition that impacts your ability to complete this application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date: 12 July 2022 (23:59 WAT)
- The status of your application will be shared by: 9 August 2022
- This online application consists of:
- Section 1: Your Profile - understanding your background and relationship with West Africa
- Section 2: Your Current and Past Work - understanding your current work tackling poverty & injustice, and your past work and experiences
- Section 3: Your relationship with Acumen Academy
- Section 4: Personal Questions - understanding who you are, your reasons for applying to this programme, and your vision
- Section 5: Some Additional Questions - understanding how you heard about the Fellowship and how we can share more about our work in West Africa
- Section 6: Terms and Conditions - your commitment going forward
- Have you reviewed the Applicant Packet before applying? There are no trick questions or hidden agendas - everything you need to know about applying for the program and what we assess can be found in this document.
- Can you make the key dates for the selection process and program? This includes:
- The Selection Conference (virtual): 11 & 12 November 2022
- Immersive 1: 21 - 26 February 2023
- Virtual Workshop 1: Three hours every Tuesday from 27 March - 2 May 2023
- Immersive 2: 20 - 25 June 2023
- Virtual Workshop 2: Three hours every Tuesday from 24 July - 29 August 2023
- Immersive 3: 17 - 22 October 2023
- Do you meet the basic eligibility criteria outlined in the Applicant Packet, Program Overview, and FAQs?
- This application requires you to be reflective so that we can learn more about you and the valuable work that you do. We recommend you find a quiet spot to reflect and work on your application and get into the habit of regularly clicking “Save” so that you don't lose the nuggets of information you have written down.
To get a preview of all the essay questions you will need to answer once you begin your application, please download and review this document. Finally, good luck!
The Acumen Academy West Africa Fellows Program is designed for individuals who are deeply connected – and dedicated – to fighting poverty and injustice over the long run. Being part of the Acumen Fellowship community requires you to be committed to the following:
- Full attendance of three in-person seminars and two online workshops that will be delivered between February 2023 to November 2023
- Full completion of the online work assignments and peer coaching sessions assigned between seminars. (Please see FAQs for more details)
- Proactive engagement and exchange with the global Acumen Fellows during, and upon completing the first year of the Fellowship Program.
If you have any questions on the application process or the Fellowship, you can send an email to email@example.com or join one of our virtual Info Sessions with Acumen Academy West Africa Team and past Fellows.
You can keep up-to-date with the latest Acumen opportunities by signing up to our mailing list here or following us on Twitter (@AcumenAcademy), Facebook (@AcumenAcademy), and LinkedIn (@Acumen-Academy).
Know someone who could make a great Acumen West Africa Fellow? Please refer them to this page to apply.